[Greenbuilding] Triac Thermostats

Benjamin Pratt benjamin.g.pratt at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 17:15:23 CST 2011

Around here, the electric company will give you 10 percent off your
bill if you let them install a switch to tun off your central air for
up to an hour if the grid is stressed. However, this system has never
been called for since it was installed ten years ago.  John Staube,
How does this program fit into your argument?
   We would've let them install the switch, but don't have central
air. The people how have central air whom i've told about the program,
had never heard of it, and were hesitant to have the switch installed.