[Greenbuilding] Legionaires disease and water temperature

Nick Pyner npyner at tig.com.au
Fri Dec 30 18:04:57 CST 2011

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of John Straube

Here is one of the papers I mentioned on the study of water temperature and electric water heaters in particular and the risk of Legionnaires disease.

--
Prof. John Straube, Ph.D., P.Eng.
Dept of Civil Engineering / School of Architecture

Maybe more to the point than studies and Safe Kids Canada media campaigns, is what the codes say. In Australia, storage heaters have a minimum thermostat setting at 60, and tempering valves at 45 are required in all new construction. That has been the law for years and, somewhat ironically, I understand a lot of the research on which it is based came from Canada.

Nick Pyner

Dee Why   NSW