[Greenbuilding] Legionaires disease and water temperature

John Straube jfstraube at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 18:18:28 CST 2011

Codes are rarely more relevant than factual information and often fly in the face of reality. Not sure if you have seen how codes and standards are made but it is often not very scientific.
The 60 / 45 or 60/50 rule is in places like Ontario and Germany too. These are based on the kind of research in the article and are not bad for simple rules.
The type of heating and the presence of copper and even flow rates all matter.