[Greenbuilding] Vacuum insulated panels -- case studies (Norman Feldman)

Ross Elliott homesol at bell.net
Sat Feb 5 14:20:46 CST 2011

VIPs are okay in small doses but pretty expensive (at least last time I
checked) for large areas, and if someone pokes a hole in it the R-value goes
down to about 1. Also they come in certain sizes and can't be cut, so
"fillers" of much less insulating materials need to be used in non-standard
gaps. But it's a relevant topic for this listserv, since in green building
sometimes there are thermal bridges (like around windows) that can't be
effectively insulated any other way.

Ross