[Greenbuilding] living wall

Gennaro Brooks-Church info at ecobrooklyn.com
Mon Feb 7 06:32:27 CST 2011

I don't have an example of the kind of wall I am discussing. I should
have one in a couple months. I don't think the 4" planters can handle
anything larger that hardy sedum and some small grasses if you plan on
watering without a pump and without fertilizer. It gets really harsh
on the wall since the gravity pulls the water down pretty quickly. And
what isn't taken by gravity is evaporated by the wind.
That is why I am looking for a good structure to hold 12" thick or
deeper soil. At that point I think you can really start considering
cliff dwelling evergreen and larger dune grasses.

Gennaro Brooks-Church

Cell: 1 347 244 3016 USA
www.EcoBrooklyn.com
22 2nd St; Brooklyn, NY 11231