[Greenbuilding] problems with radiant heat and tankless

Sacie Lambertson sacie.lambertson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 14:58:51 CST 2011

This makes sense to me if there appears to be no leaks in the system.
System installed in 2007.  Comments appreciated.  Sacie

" I've been piecing together some other aspects of this system with my
plumber. I am moving toward an electrical or mechanical problem with the
pumps. I bled the zones last night and found no air in any of them.

 My next step is to do amp tests on all pumps.  They all seem to work
intermittently, which I've seen some discussion of in Taco pump forums. The
insides of these pumps can be replaced. The flow through these pumps appears
to be just enough to push water through the lines. If there are any
inefficiencies in the pumps, then there isn't enough flow through the heater
to turn the burner on."