[Greenbuilding] Living with a rainwater cistern(was Re:hotwater)

Bob Waldrop bwaldrop at cox.net
Thu Feb 10 23:46:09 CST 2011

Re: [Greenbuilding] Living with a rainwater cistern (was Re:hotwater)For rainwater collection purposes, the area of rainfall catchment is the same as the square feet of the house. My house, at 1548 sq feet, during a rainfall of  1.2 inches, will shed 154.8 cubic feet of water, (1548 sq ft X .1 ft = 154.8 cubic feet) or 1158 gallons (cubic ft of rain X 7.48 gallons in 1 cubic ft of water).  In an average rainfall year for central Oklahoma, 36 inches, sheds 34,737 gallons of water.

Bob Waldrop, Snowklahoma City