[Greenbuilding] Site planning (driveway)

Khalil Hassan bluedome1 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 10:53:12 CST 2011

Bill most counties in VA have a site plan ordinance that must be adhered to,
check with local building and zoning office to ensure that your design
complies with local ordinances.  One of the issues I have with my driveway
is that it only gets partial sun so my natural snow removal is not that
effective.
Good luck with your project.

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 11:20 AM, Bill Allen <bill.allen at verizon.net> wrote:

>  I am planning a new build of a main house and a garage/apartment, both
> 30x40.  The site is flat. I plan to face the long dimension of both
> buildings south and have figured the garage should probably be north east of
> the main house far enough away so as not to block morning sun to the main
> house.  Other than that, I need help designing the vehicle approach,
> parking, snow removal, and just about everything else with regard to the
> "best" route for the driveway and other access.  I have 2 questions:
>
> 1)  What discipline is this type of planning called?
> 2) Can anyone direct me to resources covering this topic?
>
> I have very few site limitations making the blank piece of paper look very
> intimidating.  I figure "greenbuilding" would include this aspect of the
> project and that there must be some general guidelines somehere.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Bill

Khalil

Learn to listen
Listen to learn
USE IT UP, WEAR IT OUT, MAKE IT DO, OR DO WITHOUT.
*START THINKING*