[Greenbuilding] Distibution and radiant heat and Morse stove solution

Corwyn corwyn at midcoast.com
Wed Jan 5 16:19:55 CST 2011

On 1/5/2011 4:48 PM, Sacie Lambertson wrote:
> Interesting, if those are what Corwyn uses their effectiveness has been
> debunked so I'm interested in hear more about them from Corwyn.  Alex
> Wilson mentioned these fans in his best energy efficient buys for last
> year but immediately received some email suggesting they were bad buys.
>
> I know only one person who uses them and he tells me they spread the
> heat fine for a few feet around the stove.  MSTM  (makes sense to me)
> Sacie

Yes, the ones I use are:
http://www.caframo.com/hearth/hearth_products_woodstove_ecofanoriginal800.php

My comment was not intended as a reflection of their efficacy, but
rather their need in my situation.  I am not sure that I benefit much
from them.  I also have a brass dragon on my wood stove (intended for
adding humidity, which I don't generally need) which serves a similar
purpose (pretty, interesting, sometimes useful).   The task I ask of
them isn't too strenuous either,  the stove sits under a balcony, air
pushed forward 6 feet, is then free to rise 20 feet and circulate
through the whole house.

After a few years, one stopped working, my nephew took it apart and
added some heat sink compound, and reassembled, and it now works much
better.  (He is now off at engineering school, learning electrical
engineering. /proud-uncle).

My neighbor had a wood stove in a spot where it wasn't heating some
sections of his house, one of these fans produced a noticeable
improvement for him.

Details, I suspect are once again, paramount.

Thank You Kindly,

Corwyn

--
Topher Belknap