[Greenbuilding] Aggressively Passive: Building Homes tothePassive House Standard

Bob Waldrop bwaldrop at cox.net
Mon Jan 10 21:12:40 CST 2011

OK, thanks for the clarification, it makes sense, now its more
understandable.  No thanks on the larger house, the one I have is plenty big
for the five of us.  Bigger houses mean bigger property taxes, and bigger
energy bills, and MORE HOUSEKEEPING, as even if it were at the passive haus
standard, we would have to pay for it, and my goal is to pay and use less,
not more.  Plus bigger houses hold more stuff and that is always a
temptation.

Sometimes I think we need a standard that no house can be called green if it
is more than X sq ft/person typically habitating there.  Not sure where that
limit should be drawn, except to say that our house is plenty big for usn's,

Bob Waldrop, OKC