[Greenbuilding] That Natural Feeling

David Bergman bergman at cyberg.com
Wed Jan 12 13:35:14 CST 2011

At 12:04 PM 1/11/2011, Corwyn wrote:

>Is it really necessary to make a two camps version of everything in
>life?  Much of our trouble comes from exactly that process.  Truth
>can be found in both camps, and the camps only keep it from being
>widely propagated.  'truth prison camps' one might say.

I'm strongly with Corwyn here. The false dichotomies of choosing one
camp or another are not where solutions lie. I can support some
"naturalist" ideas while still believing there are technological
solutions that can be a positive force, for instance: energy
conservation AND energy efficiency AND alternative energy sources.
Less travel for business meetings AND more teleconferencing. Less
sprawl AND more efficient transportation.

I could make this a much longer post, but I think others have
addressed this before.

David Bergman  RA   LEED AP
DAVID BERGMAN ARCHITECT / FIRE & WATER LIGHTING + FURNITURE
architecture . interiors . ecodesign . lighting . furniture
bergman at cyberg.com    www.cyberg.com
241 Eldridge Street #3R, New York, NY 10002
t 212 475 3106    f 212 677 7291