[Greenbuilding] (Greenbuilding) Parabolic E-Mail photo's (and brief desc) of self-built Hourly SUN-POINTING Solar Hot-Water-Heaters. (Rev 4/10)).

Carroll Hampleman trackthesun at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 17 18:32:55 CST 2011

Greenbuilding:   For publication !

__________________________________
Subject:  Parabolic   SOLAR: (DIY).   E-Mail photo's (and brief desc) of
self-built Hourly  SUN-POINTING Solar Hot-Water-Heaters.

Parabolic Water Heating.    (e-mail building instructions available)  Rev: 4/10.

HOURLY SUN-POINTING Solar Hot-Water-Heaters, DIY.

IF YOU WANT TO BE REALLY GREEN !       100%  SOLAR
Hot-Water-Heat,  (SHWH).   DIY !

I have DIS-CONNECTED my electric Hot-Water-Heater   (HWH).
I have my own:  SOLAR COOKER   -    SOLAR   HOT-TUB -
SOLAR SHOWERs.

D.I.Y.   (Couple week-ends, or so)  Simple hand-tools

From: Carroll Hampleman trackthesun at yahoo.com

Hourly "SUN-POINTING",  (during daylight). Solar
  Hot-Water-Heaters.   (with a 24 Hr. TIMER).

We learned in High School - How to draw a Parabolic Curve.
  (See attached).
Now making a long (?) TROUGH (8 Ft high) in back yard,
  against fence.
Now making a "Treated Wood" HOT-TUB,   (for solar-heated
  water storage). "PRE-HEATING"  Hot-Water-Heater, (HWH).   (It
  works).      Simple E-MAIL  "Building Procedures".

All THERMAL HEAT is from the SUN in back yard !   See
attached.     SOLAR HEATED HOT Water : Solar Showers
& Solar Cooker:     (self built).

Now operating in back yard:    A "ONE-TIME
COST":  Less than $50.00.  Reduces the monthly electric bill in an ALL
ELECTRIC house.    With the mirrors:  NO other Solar
Sensing equipment is needed.   The  "re-circulating
water", on a 24 Hr. TIMER,  (between the bottom drain of
the "as-built" Hot-Water-Heater  (HWH)  and the Solar
Collector  has "re-circulating water temperatures"  UP
TO 145 Degrees  F.  NO daily maintenance requirements.
Current RECORDS show:  Daily Hot-Water cost (family of
two) is LESS THAN 50 cents per DAY, Winter-time
and NO CHARGE (FREE), in the Summer-time.  (Records
available)

Daily measurement of the present  DAILY USE of
electricity (KWH) by monitoring the daily "TIME
ON"  of the  present "as constructed"  Electric 220V
(Hot-Water-Heater) , HWH, shows an approximate 20 (or 30)
cents PER  DAY, winter-time.   (Records available).   The HWH has a 4.5 KW
heating element, and with a  local COST of an average of
13.9 cents per KWH, this shows:   (4.5 KW)  X  (13.9
cents/KWH)  =  62.55 cents per hour, when thr HWH
is  "ON".  (a penny per minute), when the HWH is operating.
Current MONITORING shows COST (of water heating) to be
"Less than 30 cents per day (Winter-Time).  There is NO COST
(of Solar Hot Water) during the Summer-Time.
SOLAR SHOWERs can be taken.

See attached Email photo's:   Note:  The 120 Sq.Ft.
Parabola BOILS water in FULL SUN, and is now being
"re-designed" , to be only 8 Ft. tall by 20 (or 30, or so) Feet long.
The FULL SUN:  1 KW per Sq. Meter (KWSM)    has a potential
of "up  to" 317.1 BTU per  Sq. Ft.per Hour,  (BSH).

We  learned how to draw a Parabolic Curve in High School:
a thumb-tack and a piece of string with a "loop" on one end.
The reflecting mirrors are now daily operated.   "Hourly-Sun-
Pointing" ,   (Day-light hours).  Sun-Pointing starts at
9AM, and stops, and turns OFF at 6PM -    and returns to
EAST, at  6AM.   The 30W "Position Motors" can be operated by AC
or DC.  (only minutes per day).  "Can" be hand-operated,
if well balanced.

To enlarge e-mail photo, CLICK ON PHOTO.  (If this "Provider" cannot reproduce
e-mail photo' s,   please ask me for a copy,  WITH your e-mail address.)

The NREL  handbook:   "U.S. Weather Stations" reports
(for my area) an AVERAGE 29 Yearly average total of (approx.
2,000  BTU/Sq.Ft./DAY).   The NREL "Solar Radiation Data - - "
has the solar result of 239 U.S.  Weather Stations.
ONE BTU is "that thermal heat" for ONE degree (F.) for
ONE pound.  Water weighs 8.33 pounds per gallon.

Visit:  www.solar parabolic hot water heat diy.com
          Note:  TYPE all words & spaces.
Visit:  www.hampleman solar heat.com;   (punch:  "Volkswagen lover - "
         and play video).
/s/  Carroll H.   trackthesun(at)yahoo(dot)com
    Sincere  inquiries answered.

Procedures forwarded WORLD-WIDE !