[Greenbuilding] Non-Motorized Rangehood

David Bergman bergman at cyberg.com
Sat Jan 22 09:48:43 CST 2011

At 06:34 PM 1/21/2011, Bob Klahn wrote:
>  Dan,
>It's not a range per se, but there have been a number of
>through-the-wall exhaust fans which had a chain operated outside
>weather cap/flap.  I believe that Nutone still lists one but have
>not checked for a few years.

I've had one of those Nutone fans for years and the flap doesn't seem
to help much. In the winter, I put a plexi enclosure over the inside
to prevent drafts (and, of course, have to remove it whenever I need
the exhaust).

David

DAVID BERGMAN ARCHITECT / FIRE & WATER LIGHTING + FURNITURE
architecture . interiors . ecodesign . lighting . furniture
bergman at cyberg.com    www.cyberg.com
241 Eldridge Street #3R, New York, NY 10002
t 212 475 3106    f 212 677 7291