[Greenbuilding] our solution to the ecological problem

Clarke Olsen colsen at fairpoint.net
Sun Jan 23 10:00:35 CST 2011

    We should also consider the urge to remodel, which can make
permanent constructions vulnerable.
For instance, though standing seam should long outlast screw-down
panels, the latter is much easier to alter,
perhaps even to reuse. This aspect has made me see timber framing
favorably: 2x4's don't easily recycle,
especially after having sheathing put up with nail guns.
    I don't see science as the enemy of ecology, rather it's our
rejection of science that will hasten our end.
Not the science of gadgets, of which everyone has a favorite, from
photovoltaics to AK-47's, but the more
demanding science of seeking to understand the reality of our universe.
Clarke Olsen
373 route 203
Spencertown, NY 12165
USA