[Greenbuilding] Toilet Frequency of Use

Kirsten Flynn kir at declan.com
Mon Jan 24 18:31:41 CST 2011

For LEED they assume two liquid flushes and one solid flush per person per day, when calculating the GPF of duel flush toilets.  For full time  occupant female in a workplace they assume 3 flushes, and for male they assume one WC flush and two urinal flush- so this makes a difference only if you have a urinal.  For full time  occupant in a residence they assume 5 flushes for either a male or female occupant.

Kirsten A Flynn
Sustainable Home Interior Design
www.sustainablehome.com
650-855-9476