[Greenbuilding] window ac

RT ArchiLogic at yahoo.ca
Sat Jul 9 14:08:52 CDT 2011

On Sat, 09 Jul 2011 13:05:26 -0400, Benjamin Pratt
<benjamin.g.pratt at gmail.com> wrote:

> i'm thinking of putting an AC in the basement. the dehumidifier makes it
> hotter.

Ben;

Presumably the proposed AC unit would be stuck into a window in order to
exhaust the generated heat to the outdoors ?

I'd venture that it wouldn't take much to do the same with your existing
dehumidifier.

ie Put an enclosure around the exhaust side of the dehumidifier and either
duct it to the outdoors (through the same window that the AC unit would
have been mounted) or to something where the heat will be useful (ie
pre-warming water to the DHWH.)

If the latter, there'd probably be some additional dehumidification as a
result of condensation from the heated air passing over the cold water
inlet ... especially if one were to install an extra 100 ft (coiled) or so
of piping into the water line on the inlet side.

Me ? Heading back outside to split some more Rubbery Maple firewood.
(Yeah, yeah, winter would be the right time to split the stuff and not
have the splitting maul bouncing back
threatening to knock you in the haid but ... )
--
=== * ===
Rob Tom