[Greenbuilding] neat idea

sanjay jain sanjayjainuk at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 21 10:30:30 CDT 2011

>Of course it has weather sealing, see the goop they are putting around
the bottles.  If it didn't have any weather sealing, just cutting a hole in the roof would be much cheaper.  If you don't need weather sealing
or conditioning, why are you building a house at all?

If I understand solar lighting correctly, it's more effective than a simple hole.

My comment about weather sealing is that the house is not insulated. I've spent some time in homes (I suppose it's not really a house) that have tin roofs and some that are made entirely of tin sheets. There are many holes and gaps. The structure is mostly to keep the rain and wind out, and privacy....

~sanjay