[Greenbuilding] neat idea

elitalking elitalking at rockbridge.net
Thu Jul 21 12:30:03 CDT 2011

Is not this bottle through the roof similar to solatube?  In these homes,
there are no thermal barriers to penetrate.  The roofing is a bulk moisture
barrier (rain).  These shacks are so dark inside because they are so crowded
together, thereby reducing the light available from windows.  For spaces in
our buildings deep in the interior, away from windows would be an
appropriate place to locate a daylight tube to avoid electric use during the
day.

Eli