[Greenbuilding] Geothermal a/c

Alan Abrams alan at abramsdesignbuild.com
Sat Jul 23 08:41:35 CDT 2011

an equally important consideration (besides the relative efficiency of one
mechanical system vs another) is whether it makes more sense to drill baby
drill and pay baby pay for geothermal, or to put a comparable effort into
air sealing and insulating, etc, and installing a smaller conventional
mechanical system accordingly.

this is not to say that there are situations where a deep energy retrofit is
too intrusive, and a gizmological (to borrow from thoughtful Ontarian
friend) solution is the better deal.  But in principle, my working
assumption is that conservation is the first task.

AA

*Alan Abrams**
Abrams Design Build LLC*
*A sustainable approach to beautiful space*

6411 Orchard Avenue Suite 102
Takoma Park, MD 20912
office  301-270-NET- ZERO (301-270-6380)
fax      301-270-1466
cell     202-437-8583
alan at abramsdesignbuild.com
www.abramsdesignbuild.com