[Greenbuilding] Green roof drainage question

RT Archilogic at yahoo.ca
Sun Jul 24 08:59:54 CDT 2011

On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 09:09:22 -0400, Marilyn <cybercrone at eol.ca> wrote:

> Where would be a  good source
> for doors?  Could I go to the city dump and get them, or ?
>

>> diverted-from-the-wastestream patio doors. (There are bazillions of
>> 20-30 year old tract homes and high-rise apts in the Greater Toronto
>> Area which had single-glazed, aluminum-framed patio doors installed (ie
>> two layers of single-glazed doors--4 leaves for an opening) many of
>> which are probably
>> ripped out annually and replaced with insulating glass units and they
>> usually end up getting tossed.

(Not my) Cuz;

Of course you can go to the city dump. That might be interesting.
But I don't think you'd get anything out of the dump. They'd probably kick
you out and tell you to "STAY OUT ! [string of expletives <deleted>]"

I'd probably drop into a door & window supplier and go around to the back
to see the shipper or one of the installers and ask them if they could, on
their next patio door replacement job, save the removed doors for you, you
promising to pick them up *right away* or pay them a nominal fee to
deliver them to your home.

Or, I might simply keep my eyes peeled for a condo or apartment building
where they are replacing all of the patio doors and ask the installers if
you can take # or ## or even ### doors. (Any more than 40, I think I'd
send a  walk-in dumpster to the site and ask them to send the dumpster to
your place when it's full.

In all cases (if I were you, a woman) I would smile sweetly and play the
role of "Helpless Female", milking it for all it's worth. Seems we
dumb-ass Penile Beings are suckers for that sort of thing, every time,
even though some times, we D-aPB's know we're being played.

If that doesn't work, offer to buy them a beer.

Or I might place an ad on one of the classified ads sites like Kijiji or
UsedToronto etc. or search the listings thereof.

Or I might head down to one of the building materials salvage outlets (ie
Habitat Re-Store etc) and see what's they have.

And so on.

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom