[Greenbuilding] Greenbuilding Digest, Vol 11, Issue 13

Keith Winston keith at earthsunenergy.com
Mon Jul 25 11:56:10 CDT 2011

To be clear: I used to have an ultrasonic flow meter. It clamped onto a pipe
and read the flow rate of the material in the pipe. But it didn't "extract
energy" from the pipe. It required a very good (ultrasonic) connection (with
some greasy goo). It was expensive and techy. Oh, and it didn't work on
water: the liquid had to have particles in it, and potable water had too few
(in fact, even propylene glycol had too few). In fact, that's why I got rid
of it.

Keith