[Greenbuilding] neat idea

Corwyn corwyn at midcoast.com
Tue Jul 26 08:41:42 CDT 2011

On 7/26/2011 9:01 AM, RT wrote:

>> So it's not the best solution, but it's free

What is the 'free' caulking material?

> Justifying a poor design with the qualifiers "free" or "lower cost" is,
> I think, one of the reasons for the near-calamitous failure of the North
> American auto industry ... ie a lousy reason to do something.

I find myself reminded of a story about some well-meaning first worlders
giving a bunch of porta-toilets to some poor third worlders who were
using outhouses.  Once they were filled, and stinky, there was no truck
to come empty them, so they sat, smelling but not composting (much).

A blind friend of mine has a phrase, "Help is a four letter word."  The
sentiment being that unsolicited help is often worse than no help.

Thank You Kindly,

Corwyn

--
Topher Belknap