[Greenbuilding] CO2 Monitor Recomendation

John Straube jfstraube at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 13:17:42 CDT 2011

The problem with RH is that it varies wildly with with outdoor conditions.  You can have all the windows open in the summer and the RH will be high, and have too little ventilation and the RH be very low in cold weather in Denver.  Hence RH is a horrible measure of ventilation need unless you add a lot of other non measured info like outdoor conditions, floor area, etc.
CO2 is a good measure of occupancy and intensity, which correlate fairly well with the need for ventilation.