[Greenbuilding] Just an update

Alan Abrams alan at abramsdesignbuild.com
Wed Jul 27 07:51:49 CDT 2011

Lynelle-

Congrats on the house.  One hundred questions come to mind.  Such as:
What region are you?
What are the average HDD's and CDD's for your location?
What is the floor area of the house?
Can you isolate the KW's and or BTU's used for heating and cooling for given
periods?
Did you do a blower door test on the house after completion?  Do you use
heat recovery ventilation?
Does the house rely on solar heat gain and or solar shading?  Any other
consideration of window location and solar exposure?
What sort of glazing did you use?

regards-
AA

*Alan Abrams**
Abrams Design Build LLC*
*A sustainable approach to beautiful space*

6411 Orchard Avenue Suite 102
Takoma Park, MD 20912
office  301-270-NET- ZERO (301-270-6380)
fax      301-270-1466
cell     202-437-8583
alan at abramsdesignbuild.com
www.abramsdesignbuild.com