[Greenbuilding] Just an update

Lynelle Hamilton lynelle at lahamilton.com
Wed Jul 27 08:33:14 CDT 2011

I knew I'd raise questions.
I am in Napanee, Ontario (SW of Kingston). HDD annually is 4311; CDD is
215.  These stats are from the Weather Network. The HDD is quite a bit
higher than EnCan's estimates for Kingston, so I don't know how accurate
they may be.
Floor is 2200 Sq ft.
I don't have cooling, and the heat is tied to the dryer and DHW and
stove.  I am trying to calculate summer usage to give me a rough idea of
the winter heat load.
No blower test as yet
The house does rely on solar gain and shading.  3' overhangs on all sides.
Windows calculated at 13% of wall area.  Most are south facing (only
30sq ft of windows on north wall) Windows were 'tuned' to the exposure
by Thermotech)
14' door/window combo in great room.  Small solarium on south with
approx 40 sq ft of glazing
Concrete floors throughout