[Greenbuilding] Counters

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 11:10:47 CDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 8:28 AM, Bobbi Chukran <bobbi at bobbichukran.com>wrote:

> After a lot of thought and research, I'm probably going to go the
> butcherblock route.  We have oak butcherblock counters in this current house
> (bought at IKEA--yes, the wood was probably imported), and we love them.

Do you really mean butcher block? Cause that consists of lots and lots of
blocks arranged with the end grain facing up = the work surface. For reasons
I don't understand people have gotten in the habit of referring to all
manner of glued up wooden surfaces: counters, cutting boards, etc. as
butcher block, even though the visible surface on those more often than not
is edge grain.
Just clarifying what we're talking about here.