[Greenbuilding] Redoing all floors

Ward Edwards ward at buildgreen.ca
Wed Jul 27 12:51:06 CDT 2011

You could do tile in the higher traffic areas and then marmoleum in the
lower traffic areas.  There are also some vinyl plank floors that look
like wood.  I used that in my house.  I didn't like the idea of using
vinyl, but in order to keep peace with the wife, I allowed it.  It wears
fairly well, and has next to no insulating value (I have radiant floors as
well), however, there are some areas with very high traffic (in front of
the sink for example) where it has started to wear a bit after 5 years.  I
have seen a similar product in a hotel once that had the color layer under
a clear coating that would wear better, but I have been unable to find out
the manufacturer.

Ward Edwards