[Greenbuilding] Redoing all floors

Jason Holstine jason at amicusgreen.com
Wed Jul 27 14:36:10 CDT 2011

Can you etch the concrete to remove the current sealer, strip the stain with
paint stripper, let the concrete properly dry and cure, then go back and
stain and refinish?

Also ­ any concrete will naturally have a certain unpredictability in the
finish pattern, with random burnishing and highs and lows of color. So I
typically recommend take advantage of that, fly with it, and stain with a
creative, random, very cool stain pattern. You won¹t know what¹s mistake/old
mess-up and what¹s intentionally part of the pattern.