[Greenbuilding] Redoing all floors

Ktot (g) ktottotc at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 16:56:11 CDT 2011

Interesting. Mine was 11 days from pour to seal. Stain was applied just 2-3
days after pouring. The company that did the staining/sealing also did the
pouring so they knew the mix they used. Talking to various experts, at least
28 days should have been left between pour and cure. Even the sealer specs
say at least 14 days at 70 degrees and this was at about 30 degrees.
Furthermore, moisure was apparently added from the diesel and propane
heaters the contractor used to try to speed up drying. That may also have
caused some of the calcium carbonate that formed.