[Greenbuilding] Redoing all floors

Ktot (g) ktottotc at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 17:00:15 CDT 2011

Re: [Greenbuilding] Redoing all floorsBelieve me, white "blooms" do NOT make a very cool stain pattern. The floor is incredibly ugly. It's an upscale house but if any one walked in to potentially buy it (it's not for sale), they'd run out screaming--the floors are absolutely terrible. Besides the various blooms, there are lines next to where red paper and apparently tape was applied--clearly showing where moisture leaked out next to where it was trapped by the tape. Long lines, looking like broom stick lines, do not make a floor look creative. Plus most of the floors were to be very dark colors (and were when first applied). Now they are all incredibly light due to all the blooms--thus not effective as thermal masses even if they looked OK (which they do not). My floors were supposed to look mottled--the creative, random pattern you refer to--but the blooms do not add to such a pattern. It is beyond a disaster. I have had numerous tile and concrete experts to view it already and without exception they state it's a disaster. It truly is. And that's without even mentioning the huge patches where everything has peeled up (and continues doing so...)