[Greenbuilding] Counters

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 20:12:17 CDT 2011

I too have observed this trend. But it is really too bad when 'everybody' is
so sloppy in their usage. The countertop you show is neither a 'block' in
terms of the whole thing, nor in terms of the components which--in the case
of butcherblock--could be considered blocks given their aspect ratio.
Some people have suggested to me that this usage originated with a marketing
ploy, that 'wood countertop' isn't fancy enough.