[Greenbuilding] Counters

JOHN SALMEN terrain at shaw.ca
Wed Jul 27 20:41:53 CDT 2011

Those studies came out of a Midwest agricultural college in the late 70's.
They hit the news and got a good sound bite but every attempt since to
reproduce the study has failed. I spent a bit of time tracking it down as a
proponent of 'natural materials and properties' but it simply was not true.
Salmonella retreated a little further into the wood and then came back.

I still feel on an anecdotal level that wood has good properties but I
cannot say that it is anti-septic.