[Greenbuilding] Redoing all floors

Jeff Buscher jeff.buscher at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 10:56:43 CDT 2011

Photos:
http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=B0&Dato=20110519&Kategori=PHOTO23&Lopenr=305190051&Ref=PH&odyssey=mod|galleriespic

The front porch (photos 15 and 16) and the walk-out basement apartment
floors (starting at photo 62) are both concrete stained/sealed with
Rainforest.  The porch looks like the basement in real life, but the
lighting makes it look grey in the photos.  We left the stain on some
squares longer than others before we wiped it off to give some color
variation (photo 72).

The darker colored brick floors and walls in other pictures are compressed
earth block made from the subsoil on site.  The blocks are about 90 lbs/cu
ft so they are a little less dense than concrete.  They have a much lower
effusivity, so they feel much warmer if you're walking around in socks in
the winter.  They are great for direct gain solar storage.  Those floors
were sealed with a coat of untinted Earth Paint Rainforest, and several
coats of untinted Earth Paint Mountain (cashew oil + other stuff).  The
brick walls in the stair have not been sealed.  That's the natural color of
the soil.

Also, Ben Pratt was right.  I find your tone to be very abrasive, and I
think you should show more appreciation to the folks on this list.  If this
is the way you talk to everyone, I'm not surprised that you didn't have a
good experience building your house or getting help when things didn't go
well.