[Greenbuilding] While we're on Solar....any experience with a solar cooker?

Racheli Gai racheli at sonoracohousing.com
Sun Jul 31 09:54:34 CDT 2011

Lynelle,
I have a Sun Oven also.  I use it regularly, and like it a lot.  I
have cooked chicken, as well as slow roasted meats.  After a long,
slow, cooking food tastes
simply delicious, and if the sun disappeared on you, you can always
stick the food in a conventional oven to finish the cooking.  I have
an electric stove and solar panels,
so cooking indoors is solar, too.
The EWG study also called attention to the fact that responsible
grazing contributes to reviving bee populations.  In other words: One
needs to  look at issues
in a larger context, not just the matter of producing carbon, as well
as look at what's available and worthy of support locally.   For
example, if you help responsible ranching
exist and thereby avoid conversion of land into more sub-divisions,
you  might be doing some good, even if eating meat might be more
costly in some ways than
eating something else.

Racheli.