[Greenbuilding] New HVAC unit

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 16:13:55 CDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 2:09 PM, Bobbi Chukran <bobbi at bobbichukran.com>wrote:

> I've done all the research on alternatives...ductless, window units, motel
> type units, etc.  We made the decision to do a central HVAC unit, but do
> want it to be as efficient as possible.

With all due respect, aren't all of the alternatives you list also based on
a compressor cycle and a refrigerant?

I don't live in a climate with high humidity now, but when I did we couldn't
stand the smell in the air from the window-AC unit so we used the ceiling
fan instead. The building was uninsulated cinder block. It was hot, to be
sure, but we got used to it.