[Greenbuilding] New HVAC unit

Bobbi Chukran bobbi at bobbichukran.com
Wed Jun 1 22:03:07 CDT 2011

Bob,

Thanks so much for all the information!  We really appreciate it. I'm
glad you delayed doing the dishes, but sorry about the insomnia.  LOL.

I forwarded your messages to Rudy the Husband and he's making a brand
new set of questions for the HVAC guys.

A few things...there is no existing insulation whatsoever in the
entire house.

The attic ceiling is floored with the same amazing planks that make
up the walls and the floors (long-leaf antique pine...yes, a SCORE
for me!  LOL)

There is no plaster in the house; there's only 3/8" wallboard,
lightly textured, over the planks.  I'll probably remove some of that
anyway from a few of the rooms depending on the roughness of the
planks for a painted "cottagey" look.

I've watched videos and read articles about the blown-in cellulose,
and am confident that we can do it ourselves.  We're very handy, and
have done almost all home projects over the years except build a
foundation.

I actually know a woman who has a crew of guys here who do energy
audits and such, so I'll check with her about the possibility of a test.

Thanks again!

bobbi c.