[Greenbuilding] New HVAC unit

bilrob at silcom.com bilrob at silcom.com
Fri Jun 3 08:02:27 CDT 2011

I haven't been following this thread closely so please forgive me if this is a repeat.
In dens packing walls there are several considerations and IMO should only be done by someone who is experienced.

If the walls are wet or even if there is not an adequate moisture barrier there is significant risk of more damage form moisture as it is held in the walls by the cellulose. Fiberglass is much better for this if there is risk of moisture intrusion.

Dens packing can loosen or even blow finishes off walls if they are put under undue stress.

That is mostly it.

While dens packing is a good solution in many cases it is not a cure all, this building performance is a climate and regional thing.
Bill Robinson
www.train2rebuild.com