[Greenbuilding] New HVAC unit

Bobbi Chukran bobbi at bobbichukran.com
Mon Jun 6 09:38:03 CDT 2011

Thanks, Bill.  I'm a bit behind in my mail, too, since we've been
commuting to and from the new/old house and have been working there
12-hours a day in the 94-degree heat.  I deserve sainthood for that!
LOL

Good point about the insulation.  I don't know if there's any kind of
moisture barrier under the siding or not.  Did they use tar paper,
etc. back in 1930?  We've found very little water damage to the
house, so far, amazingly enough, so we're hoping that the walls are
in good shape.  I think we'll end up using a combination of
insulations...maybe fiberglas in the walls, cellulose or spray foam
in the ceiling and underneath the house.

Every window is covered by a sturdy awning, and I'm sure that's kept
the windows and walls in very good shape.

It did occur to me to wonder how much insulation value we get from
the existing walls.  They are thick from the "sandwich" of wallboard,
planks, studs, planks, wooden siding and alum. siding.

bobbi c.