[Greenbuilding] New HVAC unit

Bobbi Chukran bobbi at bobbichukran.com
Tue Jun 7 08:21:01 CDT 2011

Hi Bob/K,

Can't see the nails because the trim has years of paint on it.  I
discovered yesterday that it's lead-based, too.  No big surprise,
just a confirmation of what I feared.  Luckily, most of it is in
really good shape (no cracks, chips, etc.) right now.  My plan is to
use a good primer over it on some places and then repaint with no-VOC
latex.

I've practiced that pry-n-shim technique on some former baseboards I
had in a former home and will proceed that way.

I managed to remove a chunk of wallboard yesterday and found the
gorgeous 8" pine boards underneath, laid horizontally.  No telling
how long they are.

Some good news is that the alum. siding on the outside does not test
for lead.  Yay, one less thing to worry about.

bobbi c.