[Greenbuilding] New HVAC unit

Bob Klahn Home-NRG at dnaco.net
Tue Jun 7 09:49:31 CDT 2011

Bobbi,
Are you planning/considering stripping the wallboard to expose and
finish the wide-board planks?  I think that would look great.
If so, there are some modifications to the blowing technique.
I think I suggested removing one row of planks, low or bottom, to get
tubing access.  if you make a blowing  shield of cardboard or foam sheet
(not the white "coffee cup" foam) to seal off three cavities, the active
and two lateral, you can proceed as if through a drilled hole.
'Plugging' will be reattaching the plank(s).  The insulation will
(cellulose will, anyway) be dense enough to hold its form in the
cavity,i.e. not fall back out.   This should also sped up the blowing,
once you modify the technique to suit yourself.

Of course. blowing the uncovered plank walls with any insulation will
require that you seal all joints (except the boards you remove) before
blowing; it will find its way through all but  the smallest crack.
Fiberglass would be worse - and the airborne fluff is a real irritant.

Sounds like you have the project under control and are making real progress.
Bob Klahn