[Greenbuilding] Foam insulation advice needed

Steve Houlihan sho11 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 14 14:17:19 CDT 2011

Bobbi,

Please note that LEED does not certify or recommend products.  If you
read the letter on Demilec's website carefully you will note that it is
written by Demilec and it only suggests that their product can be used
to help achieve LEED points.  If you use enough of their product (or any
other) to get insulation performance at least 12% above baseline, then
you get one LEED point.

Although their documentation is very thorough and accurate, it is very
slightly misleading.

Their product looks very similar to Icynene which I used in my home.  I
am very happy with it and noticed no smell or ill effects after all the
airborne particles had fallen.  This was only a few minutes but once
they are on something the only solvent that works in sandpaper!

Steve