[Greenbuilding] Foam insulation advice needed

Bobbi Chukran bobbi at bobbichukran.com
Wed Jun 15 20:46:58 CDT 2011

Yes, it sounds like there still isn't a really GOOD solution.  I have
to tell ya, the more I read about the foam, the more I'm thinking
that we should simplify the whole thing.  I'm a "natural nut"
anyway.  I do want energy efficiency, lower bills, less impact on the
environment, etc. BUT if it makes us sick, or sicker, then what's the
use?

Right now, I'm leaning toward a combo of cellulose, fiberglass batts
with no formaldehyde, small amounts of foam under the window trim,
etc. IOW, all the old methods.

bobbi c.