[Greenbuilding] controlled combustion air supply

John Straube jfstraube at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 21:23:57 CDT 2011

Perhaps you can't retrofit it but most airtight wood stoves and fireplaces can be installed with an outdoor air supply. This de couples the chimney and the hole and does not need to violate the air barrier. This is what we always recommend and after  several house tests (and my own home) it works and is simple.