[Greenbuilding] controlled combustion air supply

Stephen Collette stephen at yourhealthyhouse.ca
Sat Jun 25 14:14:55 CDT 2011

Hi Ross and all,

I was wondering if you could mod up one of those dryer vent cap units, the ones with the spring loaded styrofoam ball, to work backwards, instead of exhausting? That way you have your seal when not in use, and I suspect you could tweak the spring tension to get it to what pressure you desire with some noodling. It does exactly what you need it to do. I'm just not sure if you could make it work, or if it's the most logical thing to use.

Cheers

Stephen

Stephen Collette BBEC, LEED AP, BSSO
Your Healthy House - Indoor Environmental Testing & Building Consulting
http://www.yourhealthyhouse.ca
stephen at yourhealthyhouse.ca
705.652.5159