[Greenbuilding] Is Lyptus green?

RT ArchiLogic at yahoo.ca
Tue Mar 1 01:42:27 CST 2011

Jason Holstine wrote:

> What¹s the consensus of whether this product is a legitimate claim or a
> greenwash?

I'd say Lyptus *might* be Green for Australians who are using it in
Australia if it was grown/harvested sustainably within 300 miles from the
point of use.

But is Lyptus "Green" for users in the USA when it is a non-native species
grown on a plantation thousands of miles away in Brazil, on land that was
probably clear-cut of indigenous rainforest vegetation, displacing native
wildlife and people in the process ?

I'd say "No".

Then again, I wouldn't know a Lyptus tree if it walked up beside me,
slapped me on the back and said "Hihowarya ?" so what do I know ?

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom