[Greenbuilding] Is Lyptus green?

Lance Collins lcollins.au at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 13:53:16 CST 2011

There are over 700 species of eucalypt nearly all Australian.  They
have evolved to cope with some pretty tough environmental conditions.

Taken out of their native environment with good soil and no predators
eucalypts grow extremely well.  In other words they can be very
serious weeds.  Doubtless the one you call Lyptus (I've never heard
this name before) is one of the most aggressive.

We have an analogous problem with pinus radiata .  (Monterey pine?)

Lance
(in Aus)