[Greenbuilding] (not) Re: infrared thermometer

RT ArchiLogic at yahoo.ca
Thu Mar 10 18:23:47 CST 2011

On Tue, 08 Mar 2011 11:50:28 -0500, Lawrence Lile <LLile at projsolco.com>
wrote:

> $2000 for snowshoes?  Wow!  I made a pair out of some old milk crates,
> wire and boards

Na-a-a-h.  The snowshoes would only cost about $200-$300.

              http://alturl.com/xf7va

The other $1700 would be for the snazzy duds to complete the "serious
snowshoer" look.
(You know, to complement the SUV that you drove to the park where there
are some nice well-maintained trails for you to flop around on for the
half hour-or-so before you get back in to your SUV to head over to the
cafe for lattes and Swiss pastries.)

Real snowshoes (ie ash + rawhide/sinew)  or military surplus snowshoes
(magnesium alloy + aluminum wire) are typically cheap like borscht if not
free (most families in Mooseland probably have a couple or few pairs
laying around waiting to be disposed of at a garage sale or such-like).

Next project assignment for LL-Man: DIY Space Shuttle made from parts
salvaged from old Ladas and Yugos.

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom