[Greenbuilding] Keeping out the critters

Clarke Olsen colsen at fairpoint.net
Fri Mar 11 12:56:33 CST 2011

    This is not the application you're talking about, but when I had
to seal a conduit passing through an oversize
hole in an awkward spot, I closed it with expanded metal lath, and
then foamed the whole (hole) assembly.
Kind of a rock, paper, scissors problem.
    On another note, this winter has reminded me once again of a
mistake I would warn others against.
When we built our house on a south facing slope, with the road and
entrance on the north side, we planted
some spruce trees as a screen for the road. My error was to plant
some close to the house: no, the house is
not in any danger, yet, but their shade keeps our parking spot a
sheet of ice long after the novelty wears off.

Clarke Olsen
373 route 203
Spencertown, NY 12165
USA