[Greenbuilding] Fracking - Fw: It's bad, it's really bad

sanjay jain sanjayjainuk at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 3 15:53:15 CDT 2011

--- On Tue, 5/3/11, Sarah Alexander, Food & Water Watch <fwwatch at mail.democracyinaction.org> wrote:

From: Sarah Alexander, Food & Water Watch <fwwatch at mail.democracyinaction.org>
Subject: It's bad, it's really bad
To: sanjayjainuk at yahoo.co.uk
Date: Tuesday, May 3, 2011, 10:59 PM

See Your Alert Online

                        You Don't Want Fracking. We're Fighting to Stop It.

                        Help End Fracking by Contributing Today

                                                                                 Dear Sanjay,

                                    We Need to Raise $10,000 by May 6th for Our Campaign to Ban Fracking

                                    Yes, I will make a contribution to stop hydraulic fracturing!

                                    Photo courtesy of Josh Fox/Gasland

                        "It's bad, it's really bad. We've always had gas drilling, but people don't realize this is really different and really dangerous. Houses are exploding, and people can't drink their water. We have to educate people and get them to take action."

                        That's what my friend Stephanie, who lives in the heart of fracking country in Pennsylvania, had to say about hydraulic fracturing in her community. We're working to ban fracking not only in the communities that are most affected, but also at the national level. Will you join our effort to stop this dangerous practice?

                        Stephanie can't wait. There are new reports of fracking-related accidents every day, and recently a fracking well near her community exploded, spewing thousands of gallons of contaminated water onto nearby farms and into waterways.

                        We're building the grassroots movement against fracking, working with people in their communities to pass local ordinances, state legislation and federal legislation. We were the first national group to call for a federal ban on fracking, and we've got boots on the ground in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Colorado and other states where fracking is threatening people's food, water and livelihoods. We need to raise $10,000 by May 6th to launch our new effort to ban fracking. Can you contribute to stop fracking?

                        Here's the plan:

                        ► We need $4,000 to gather 40,000 petition signatures to support a ban on fracking, which will be delivered to local, state and federal elected officials.

                        ►We need $3,000 to send organizers to help key communities pass local ordinances against fracking.

                        ►We need $2,000 to distribute hundreds of action toolkits to folks like you who can gather actions in their local community and work to pass local ordinances.

                        ►We  need $1,000 to pay for 100 seats on buses to get our supporters to rallies, lobby meetings and upcoming press conferences in the states that are most affected (the first one is next Monday in New York!).

                        To  launch this plan, we need to raise the money for this campaign by May 6th. Can you contribute today?

                        $25 will allow us to send out 10 action toolkits.

                        $50 will allow us gather 500 individual comments.

                        $100 will allow us to have face-to-face meetings in key communities.

                        Can you make a contribution to help stop fracking today?

                        https://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/1185/t/11487/shop/custom.jsp?donate_page_KEY=7215

                        Thank you for taking action,

                        Sarah Alexander

                        Outreach Director

                        Food & Water Watch

                        cleanwater(at)fwwatch(dot)org

                         Food & Water Watch is a nonprofit consumer organization that works to ensure clean water and safe food. We challenge the corporate control and abuse of our food and water resources by empowering people to take action and by transforming the public consciousness about what we eat and drink.

                        Talk to Us | Support Us | Subscribe

            To stop receiving these email updates, click here.