[Greenbuilding] Humidity between multiple windows

nick pine nick at early.com
Mon May 9 17:09:49 CDT 2011

Bob Klahn <Home-NRG at dnaco.net> wrote:

>The old rule of thumb for minimizing / avoiding condensation between
>windows (e.g. between prime and storm windows) has been to be sure that
the innermost window was five times tighter than the outer.

How would you measure that?

I might be sure the inner window is as airtight as possible and drill one
1/8" weephole in the bottom of the storm window frame, and drill another if
there's any condensation during the first winter, and so on.

Nick